2013 Pinnacle Baseball represents the come back of certainly one of the brands synonymous with sports card collecting in the 1990s. Regardless of the fact that it’s also been often linked very recently in hockey, the prior Pinnacle baseball card set came out in 1998. Not simply is Panini rebuilding the Pinnacle name, but several familiar inserts at the same time.
Leading the familiarity are a pair of base set parallels: Museum Collection and Artist’s Proofs. Museum Collection have a unique foil look that had been called Dufex. Today, Panini uses the name Nufex as the printing process is a little bit diverse. Artist’s Proofs come with a stamp noting their parallel status. 2013 Pinnacle Baseball hobby boxes have three Museum Collection cards and a pair of Artist’s Proofs.
Slugfest (1:12 packs) is one of Pinnacle’s best known insert sets. Focusing on baseball’s top home run hitters, the cards are accented by a Nufex design. Other returning inserts include Team Pinnacle (1:12 packs), Swing for the Fences (1:12 packs) and Behind the Numbers (1:24 packs). While not entirely brand new, Team 2020 (1:8 packs) is an expansion of the Team 2000 inserts from 1992 Pinnacle Baseball. The cards focus on young stars.
Awaiting the Call (1:6 packs) looks at ten players with backgrounds worthy of Cooperstown. Pinnacle of Success (1:8 packs) is an acetate insert that commemorates 16 stars who are at the top of their careers. The Hit King Die-Cuts is a five-card set dedicated exclusively to baseball’s all-time hit leader, Pete Rose. Other inserts in 2013 Pinnacle Baseball include Position Powers (1:12 packs), Clear Vision (1:8 packs) and Aces (1:24 packs).
2013 Pinnacle Baseball hobby boxes also have a pair of autographs.
Product Configuration: 24 packs per box, 8 cards per pack
Price Point: Low- to Mid-End Baseball Card
Target Audience: Set Builders, Autograph Collectors, Insert Collectors, Nostalgic Card Collectors
2013 Pinnacle Baseball Box Break
2 Artist’s Proofs
3 Museum Collection
192 Total Cards
- 1960 Topps Jay Bruce (jaybrucefan.wordpress.com)
- Enterpreneur brings back ‘baseball’ cards with a twist (stltoday.com)
- The Worst Baseball Card of All Time (slate.com)
- 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball Preview (thewaxfantastic.wordpress.com)
- Topps Baseball Card Archive Prints (coolmaterial.com)
- The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2013 Pinnacle Baseball (97 Must-See Pics) (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- St. Louis entrepreneur brings back ‘baseball cards,’ with a twist (stltoday.com)
Autographs are nothing new in the sports trading cards hobby, however 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball pushes the borders of the presentation. In the same way that the name infers, the center of this high-end product is on autographed cards. Yet that is the same as many other sets. What sets 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball apart is the way the cards look.
Numerous parts of the product, including inserts and signatures, utilize a great deal of white space. Large pictures are carried out in grayscale, further adding to the light look. What this does is help the colors that do seem, either the signature or a ribbon photograph, pop on the card. The inserts and a percentage of the signatures take comparable methodologies in this respect.
The 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball does not have a base set precisely, yet the Chase Rookies, Chase Stars and Chase Legends embeds take a comparative methodology -kind of. What added up to 15 players from the double-rookie class are emphasized in the Chase Rookies set. Every player has ten diverse photograph varieties, making for 150 distinctive cards. All are numbered to 25. The Chase Stars and Chase Legends are likewise overwhelming on varieties. As the rookies, they’re likewise constrained to 25 numbered duplicates.
In any case shouldn’t we think about the signatures? They join together to fall three for every four-card box. Signatures has what added up to 200 cards. There are 150 cards in the Die-Cut Signatures set. Current players and resigned stars are incorporated.
The most dissimilar part of 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball is the Signatures Film set. These signature cards have a film slide installed in them. The checklist is an enormous 200 cards.
Configuration: 1 pack for every box, 4 cards for every pack
Cost Point: High-End Basketball Card
Target Audience: Hit Seekers, Autograph Collectors, Film Card Fans
2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball Box Break
4 Total Cards
- 2012/2013 Panini Signatures Basketball Box Break & Review (sportscardinfo.wordpress.com)
- The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2012-13 Intrigue Basketball (85 Images) (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- Panini America Lands Lillard Autos for Last Four Products of 2012-13 NBA Season (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- Find the Hidden Panini America Knight for Chance to Win a Three-Box Prize Pack (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- Gallery & Checklist: Panini America Cracks First Box of 2012-13 National Treasures (lhalsportscardsandcollectibles.wordpress.com)
- 2010/11 Panini Season Update Basketball (jaredfisher75.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Panini Momentum Football Box Break & Review (sportscardinfo.wordpress.com)
- 2012/2013 Panini Elite Series Basketball Box Break & Review (sportscardinfo.wordpress.com)
- Must-See Gallery: Panini America Launches Packout for 2012-13 Prime Hockey (Part 1) (lhalsportscardsandcollectibles.wordpress.com)
- The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2012-13 Elite Series Basketball (106 Pics) (lhalsportscardsandcollectibles.wordpress.com)