While Bowman Platinum has been with us for a few years now, it broke through in a big way a year ago. 2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball looks to build up that drive with the familiar mix of colorful autographs and some budding partnerships with the Arizona Fall League and Baseball America.
Every 2013 Bowman Platinum hobby box is highlighted by a pair of Autographed Prospect Refractors and a Refractor Autographed Relic. Boxes come with 20 packs of five cards.
The 2013 Bowman Platinum base set has 100 cards, infusing both rookies and veterans. As with past Platinum sets, cards are printed on rainbow foil stock. Base cards have three parallels: Gold (1:5 packs), Blue Sapphire (1:10 packs) and Ruby (1:20 packs).
A similar design printed on silver foil stock is used for the 100-card set of Prospect inserts. Parallels include X-Fractors, Green Refractors (#/399), Blue Refractors (#/199), Gold Refractors (#/50), Red Refractors (#/25), Atomic Refractors (#/5) and SuperFractors (1/1). Atomic Refractors and SuperFractors are only in hobby packs.
Autographed Prospect Refractors are all signed on-card. Using a horizontal format, there is plenty of space for the signature. Besides regular versions, collectors can find seven parallels, starting with Green Refractors (#/399), Blue Refractors (#/199), Gold Refractors (#/50) and Red Refractors (#/25). Exclusive to hobby packs are Atomic Refractors (#/5), SuperFractors (1/1) and Printing Plates. First-overall pick in the 2012 MLB Draft, Carlos Correa, is among those tentatively planned for the set.
Relics in 2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball pull significantly from the Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game. Autographed relics and Autographed Jumbo Relics that highlight prospects use swatches from this game. Current players also have autographed relics. Done on Chrome stock, parallels for both sets include Blue Refractors (#/199), Gold Refractors (#/50), Red Refractors (#/25), Atomic Refractors (#/5), SuperFractors (1/1) and Printing Plates. All of these parallels except Blue Refractors use patches.
The ink runs strong in other parts of 2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball. Dual Autographs (#/25) have two prospects while Triple Autographs (#/10) and Hexagraph Book Cards (#/5) use a mix of veterans, rookies and prospects. Purely Platinum Autographs are 1/1’s that are printed on synthetic metal. The Bowman Black program proceeds with 25 more cards numbered to 25. Now in their second season, the cross-brand set has silver signatures done on a black background.
Additional relics include Jumbo Relics that are numbered to 5. One-of-one Prospect Bat Plates return, highlighting the barrel of a rising star.
Redemptions are randomly inserted in the product good for autographed baseballs, game-used hats, game-used bases and game-used baseballs from the AFL Rising Stars Game.
Die-cut card fans have a pair of insert sets to consider. Cutting Edge Stars showcases rookies and current stars. Like base cards, they’re printed on rainbow foil stock. Relic versions are numbered to 50 while Autographs are limited to 25 copies each. Diamonds in the Rough comprises prospects that Baseball America writers think are one of the best in the game. Diamond Cut parallels are numbered to 25 while Autographed Diamond Cuts are numbered to 5.
The Blue Sapphire Refractor program continues on, offering souped up reprints of some of the most popular Bowman-brand cards of all-time. Autographs are numbered to 5.
2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball also has a contest where the grand prize is a trip to the 2013 Arizona Fall League Rising Stars Game.
Product Configuration: 20 packs per box, 5 cards per pack
Price Point: Mid-End Baseball Card
Target Audience: Prospectors, Autograph Collectors, Refractor Fans, Player Collectors
2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball Hobby Box Break
2 Autographed Prospect Refractors
1 Refractor Autographed Relic
7 Base Set Parallels
100 Total Cards
- Box Breakdown: 2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball (Hobby) (thekingofcommons.wordpress.com)
- A Trip Down Memory Lane (2011 Bowman Platinum Baseball) (thekingofcommons.wordpress.com)
- Telescopes Buying Guide (walmart.com)
- 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball Preview (thewaxfantastic.wordpress.com)
Topps is no newcomer to searching to the past to make something cutting edge. 2013 Topps Archives Baseball fuses designs from several sets from the past to create an assorted release extensively fixed in nostalgia and the excitement that comes with it. Hobby boxes have a pair of on-card Fan Favorites autographs.
The 2013 Topps Archives set has 250 cards, including 50 short prints. The 1st 200 cards are divided up into 4 divisions, each using a varied Topps Baseball design from the vault. The initial 50 cards carry collectors back to 1972. Cards 51-100 skip onward to 1982. Numbers 101-150 harken to the 1st time Transformers were kings of the toy aisle, 1985. The last 50 cards of the base set take on the 1990 Topps Baseball design. 50 short prints (1:4 packs) fusion of designs.
Archives Gold parallels are numbered to 199. Hobby-exclusive Printing Plates are the only other base set parallel.
One of the largest draws in 2013 Topps Archives Baseball are the Fan Favorites Autographs. Falling two per hobby box, the set emphasizes on retired players who were favorites with fans, no matter their on-field accomplishments. While there are superstars, collectors can expect more signers like Otis Nixon, Howard Johnson, Darren Daulton, Hubie Brooks and Ellis Burks. The cards use iconic designs but use totally different comprise of such past champions as Mike Schmidt and Bob Gibson combined with present mega-stars like 2012 National League Cy Young winner, R.A. Dickey, and David Wright. Framed Mini Autographs are exclusively in hobby packs.
Signed buybacks are the order for Topps Originals. Numbered to 10, each is signed on a vintage Topps card. A stamp has also been included.
Triple Autographs are simply that, blending 3 signatures of players from the 1970s, 80s or 90s. Collectors can likewise try to look for dual autographs.
Finally, some of music’s major artists from the 1980s (not to mention some pretty big hair) shine in Heavy Metal Autographs. Tommy Lee, Dee Snider, Lita Ford and Bobby Brown are amidst those in the set. There is in addition a Real Metal parallel numbered to 25.
2013 Topps Archives Baseball doesn’t have a whole lot in the way of memorabilia cards, but there are quite a few. 1960 Topps Relic Cards use the horizontal design to showcase a game-used swatch. Subjects include Bryce Harper, Justin Verlander, Prince Fielder and Johnny Bench.
1969 4-in-1 Stickers have a quartet of players on a single insert. The checklist fuses players from the past and the present. Current superstars are showcased in 1983 Topps All-Stars, which are based on the All-Star subset used 20 years earlier. Autographed versions are numbered to 25. Other basic inserts comprises of Gallery of Heroes and 1973-74 Topps Action Emblems.
The Stadium Club brand makes a bit of a comeback with the hobby-exclusive Triumvirate Illuminator inserts. Those who discover three cards from the same team can fit them all together into a panel.
Classic baseball designs aren’t the only motivation for 2013 Topps Archives Baseball. A duo of insert sets draw from the gridiron and the hardcourt. Mini Tall Boys borrow from the classic 1965 Topps Football design. Mini Tall Boys Autographs are numbered to 25. the 1st time. Blending current and retired players, there is also an autographed version numbered to 25.
2013 Topps Archives Baseball also provides several bonus box toppers inserted randomly. 1971 Topps Greatest Moments Autographs take from one of the best oddball sets ever developed. The oversized cards are numbered to 99 and use a sticker autograph.
Coming back as random case loaders are original Topps player contracts, that also feature an autograph from the player, and Touched by Greatness autographed handprint cards.
The Topps vault has been raided for prize redemptions, comprising of original sets, packs and singles, and other distinct items. Topps is also holding a two-week hobby shop promotion in conjunction with the set’s release.
Product Configuration: 24 packs per box, 10 cards per pack
Price Point: Low- to Mid-End Baseball Card
Target Audience: Set Collectors, Autograph Collectors, Retro Card Fans, Nostalgic Card Collectors
2013 Topps Archives Baseball Box Break
240 Total Cards
- Interview with Todd Tobias: Author, Collector & Scholar at Tales from the American Football League (boltsfromtheblue.com)
- Topps Baseball Card Archive Prints (coolmaterial.com)
- Topps Comes Through With HK Cut Signature Redemption (sportscardinfo.wordpress.com)
- 2013-14 ITG Decades The 90′s Hockey Hobby Box Review (baseballcardboxes.wordpress.com)
- Topps will feature WAR on the back of their baseball cards soon (cbssports.com)
- 1960 Topps Jay Bruce (jaybrucefan.wordpress.com)
- 2014 Topps Series 1 Baseball Preview (thewaxfantastic.wordpress.com)
- 2014 Topps Museum Collection Baseball Preview (thewaxfantastic.wordpress.com)
- Topps Archive Prints (uncrate.com)
- 2013/14 Topps Premier Gold Soccer Preview (thewaxfantastic.wordpress.com)
2013-14 ITG Decades The 90’s Hockey cards take collectors back to a period when Jaromir Jagr’s mullet wasn’t a punchline, chiming in with Vanilla Ice wasn’t humorous and Pavel Bure wore roller blades on hockey cards. Concentrating on large portions of the top players and fan top choices of the time, every hobby box incorporates three signatures and three game-used memorabilia cards.
The 2013-14 ITG Decades The 90’s base set has 200 cards. Other than normal player cards, there are subsets that think over at Stanley Cup adversaries, tough guys, players who were champions in the international scene, mentors and top draft picks. Every hobby box has six cards so building a set can be tough.
As noted, every box likewise has six hits. Autographs accompany on-card signtatures. Of the three guaranteed game-used cards, one is ensured to be a quad memorabilia card.
2013-14 ITG Decades The 90’s additionally has two basic insert sets. Decades Rookies highlights a percentage of the best players to make their NHL first appearance throughout the decade. The 23-card checklist incorporates Nicklas Lidstrom, Eric Lindros and Teemu Selanne. Decades Mask keeps tabs on prominent goalies like Patrick Roy, Felix Potvin and Tom Barrasso. Decades Mask has a 22-card checklist. Each of the basic inserts fall one for every hobby box.
Click here for the complete 2013-14 ITG Decades The 90’s checklist from the In the Game site.
Configuration: 1 pack for every hobby box, 14 cards for every pack
Cost Point: Mid-End Hockey Card
Target Audience: Nostalgic Collectors, Autograph Collectors, Memorabilia Card Collectors
2013-14 ITG Decades 90’s Hockey Box Break
1 Numbered Rookie Autograph Patch Card
1 Numbered Autograph Jumbo Relic Card
2 Atomic Die-Cut Refractor Rookie Cards
2 Finest Moments Insert Cards
60 Total Cards
- Knotty and Nice: Honoring Panini America’s 2012-13 Prime Hockey Prime Ties Insert (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- Mika Pietilä Hockey Mask Cards (minorleaguehockeycards.wordpress.com)
- Interview with Todd Tobias: Author, Collector & Scholar at Tales from the American Football League (boltsfromtheblue.com)
- Sports Card/Collectible Values (sportstradingclubcom.wordpress.com)
- Panini America Provides Specifics on Plans for 2013 Fan Expo Canada (Gallery) (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- Hard-Signed isn’t so hard. (lhalsportscardsandcollectibles.wordpress.com)
- Its flippin September, time for flippin school, and …. flippin cards! (randomislandblog.wordpress.com)
- 2013/2014 ITG Decades The 90s Box Break & Review (sportscardinfo.wordpress.com)
- Upper Deck Renews Memorabilia Licence & Exclusive Trading Card Deal with Hockey Canada! (virtual-strategy.com)
- Upper Deck Renews Memorabilia License & Exclusive Trading Card Deal with Hockey Canada (collectorempire.com)
Autographs are nothing new in the sports trading cards hobby, however 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball pushes the borders of the presentation. In the same way that the name infers, the center of this high-end product is on autographed cards. Yet that is the same as many other sets. What sets 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball apart is the way the cards look.
Numerous parts of the product, including inserts and signatures, utilize a great deal of white space. Large pictures are carried out in grayscale, further adding to the light look. What this does is help the colors that do seem, either the signature or a ribbon photograph, pop on the card. The inserts and a percentage of the signatures take comparable methodologies in this respect.
The 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball does not have a base set precisely, yet the Chase Rookies, Chase Stars and Chase Legends embeds take a comparative methodology -kind of. What added up to 15 players from the double-rookie class are emphasized in the Chase Rookies set. Every player has ten diverse photograph varieties, making for 150 distinctive cards. All are numbered to 25. The Chase Stars and Chase Legends are likewise overwhelming on varieties. As the rookies, they’re likewise constrained to 25 numbered duplicates.
In any case shouldn’t we think about the signatures? They join together to fall three for every four-card box. Signatures has what added up to 200 cards. There are 150 cards in the Die-Cut Signatures set. Current players and resigned stars are incorporated.
The most dissimilar part of 2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball is the Signatures Film set. These signature cards have a film slide installed in them. The checklist is an enormous 200 cards.
Configuration: 1 pack for every box, 4 cards for every pack
Cost Point: High-End Basketball Card
Target Audience: Hit Seekers, Autograph Collectors, Film Card Fans
2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball Box Break
4 Total Cards
- 2012/2013 Panini Signatures Basketball Box Break & Review (sportscardinfo.wordpress.com)
- The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2012-13 Intrigue Basketball (85 Images) (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- Panini America Lands Lillard Autos for Last Four Products of 2012-13 NBA Season (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- Find the Hidden Panini America Knight for Chance to Win a Three-Box Prize Pack (paniniamerica.wordpress.com)
- Gallery & Checklist: Panini America Cracks First Box of 2012-13 National Treasures (lhalsportscardsandcollectibles.wordpress.com)
- 2010/11 Panini Season Update Basketball (jaredfisher75.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Panini Momentum Football Box Break & Review (sportscardinfo.wordpress.com)
- 2012/2013 Panini Elite Series Basketball Box Break & Review (sportscardinfo.wordpress.com)
- Must-See Gallery: Panini America Launches Packout for 2012-13 Prime Hockey (Part 1) (lhalsportscardsandcollectibles.wordpress.com)
- The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2012-13 Elite Series Basketball (106 Pics) (lhalsportscardsandcollectibles.wordpress.com)